The Incredible Hulk Theme Songs

I really enjoy music in cartoons. I decided to check out all the Incredible Hulk theme music. I’d have to say that the best composers are from the The Marvel Super Heroes cartoon 1966 and The Incredible Hulk 1996. It’s kind of cool that both of these animated television series both came out in years that end with the number six. Anyways, here are all the themes songs from the introductions of the television series dedicated to Bruce Banner and his green alter-ego!

Hulk (1966) Theme Song

Lyrics

Doc Bruce Banner,
Belted by gamma rays,
Turned into the Hulk.

Ain’t he unglamor-ous!

Wreckin’ the town
With the power of a bull,

Ain’t no monster clown
Who is as lovable.

As ever-lovin’ Hulk! HULK!! HULK!!

The Incredible Hulk (1978) Theme Song

The Incredible Hulk (1982) Theme Song

The Incredible Hulk (1996) Theme Song

This entry was posted in Hulk News. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to The Incredible Hulk Theme Songs

1. I have to correct everyone about this-
    I’ve just come to the conclusion that the correct lyrics of the song is:
    “Ain’t he agglomerate” not “unglamorous” as popular belief suggests.
    Agglomerate meaning:
    to form or be formed into a mass or cluster; collect
    1. a confused mass
    2. (Earth Sciences / Geological Science) a rock consisting of angular fragments of volcanic lava Compare conglomerate [2]
    formed into a mass
    [from Latin agglomer?re, from glomer?re to wind into a ball, from glomus ball, mass]

2. Doug Reed says:

I think the disputed line has to rhyme with gamma rays because that follows the rhyming scheme. Therefore I think the line is ” ain’t he on glamor rays?”

3. greg says:

If you say that the music from the 1996 version of Hulk falls into “the best” category, you might want to check this out:
    It’s the intro theme from 1996, except reorchestrated from scratch. No annoying tons of sound effects = can hear the music better = listening experience improved tenfold. Enjoy :)

4. Jon says:

Give me a break. It’s a kids cartoon. I watched it for many years, growing up and I’d never understood agglomerate. I’m 55 now and I still never heard of it. I was and always something a younger person would understand. Unglamorous, pronounced in a way as to rhyme with gamma rays. (Unglamor-ace). Let’s stop over thinking it and enjoy our favorite green guy. Gonna watch the Eric Bana version tonight. It’s funny watching Nick Nolte overact, which is always. Not as big a fan of the Edward Norton version. Edward Norton always makese think about the honeymooners. Best Hulk/Banner combination has to be in the Avengers. Awesome.

5. HulkLover says:

“Doc Bruce Banner,
    Belted by gamma rays,
    Turned into the Hulk.
    Ain’t he unglamo-rays!
    Wreckin’ the town

It was a kids cartoon, the weak attempt to rhyme caused a little license to be taken with wording.

6. Kat says:

Agglomerate sounds like more of a description for Thing! Haha!

7. John says:

For many years I thought it was “ain’t he unglamorous,” but I now think it’s “aided by gamma rays.”

8. Tammy says:

“Agglomerate” makes a lot of sense if you think about it.
    Too bad they didn’t use that word in the lyrics.
    Would have been clever.
    “On gamma rays” or “Unglamo-rays”?
    Oh, come on!
    Bit of a stretch, right?
    I watched the PBS: The never-ending battle documentary.
    Closed captioning for the program was double-checked by officials at Marvel.
    Sorry, as dumb as it sounds, the real lyrics are “unglamourous”.
    They finish up the song with “The ever-lovin’ Hulk”, for pete’s sake.
    It’s camp.
    It’s supposed to be awful.

9. Betty Kane says:

The line is “Ain’t he a glamourpuss?” said with a nasal “Joizy” accent and lots of irony.

And two lines below that is “With a power incredible.”